Thursday, August 23, 2018

Creamy Chicken Marsala




Italian meals are one my favorites! They are quick, easy to make and yet feel so elevated. Luckily, everyone at home is a big fan of Italian cuisine as well, so its a win-win for me. When I first came across the recipe for Chicken Marsala, I couldn't believe how quick and easy it looked. I thought, it wouldn't turn out restaurant quality - because the instructions were too simple for that. But believe me, this simple dish turns out restaurant quality every single time. I've made it for friends, for weeknight dinners, and its been a winner every single time! I'd probably rank this, in my top 5 under 30 minute recipes. Yeah, you read that right, its ready in under-30 minutes. You can pair this with spaghetti, or with some garlic bread as an accompaniment. If you don't want carbs to go with it, even a salad pairs pretty well with this. I once paired it with Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes, and that turned out beautiful too. If you're ever cooking to impress someone and don't have enough time to prep, this recipe is one you will see yourself coming back too. I know I always do.

One key note while making this dish, is to make sure your breasts and thinly sliced. This makes it easy to cook the slices, and reduces your time to cook. Thinner slices of chicken cook fast, and also end up tasting juicer. Since, you don't tend to overcook it. If your slices are too thick, it takes a while to ensure they are cooked thoroughly and this sometimes leaves the breast a little dry.

Also, I know the main ingredient for Chicken Marsala is marsala wine, but since I didn't want to use marsala wine, I substituted it with apple cider vinegar. And it worked out perfectly.

Cook Time: 25 mins Prep Time: 5 mins

Creamy chicken marsala over lemon parsley spagetti

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1½ cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp Mrs Dash seasoning
  • 1 tsp Parmesan cheese
  • Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish

Directions:

  1. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and cook the chicken breasts for about 3 mins. Flip over and cook other side until both sides are lightly brown and cooked throughout. This should take a total of 6-8 mins. Remove chicken and set aside. 
  2. Add another tbsp of olive oil and cook the mushrooms for approx 2 mins. Add the apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, mustard, garlic salt and Mrs dash seasoning. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 10 mins or until the sauce begins to thicken. Place the chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese once ready to serve. 
Optional: To serve with spaghetti: 
1.  Boil water with a few drops of olive oil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Add a few drops of lemon juice once done and let it sit for about 1-2 mins. Now drain pasta in a strainer and run it under cold water. Add chopped parsley and toss in strainer.

I hope this one becomes a regular in your kitchen too, like it has in mine. Please leave me a comment below if you do try it, and let me know how it went for you! Until then, Live, Love, Laugh and Eat.. Oh yes, EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment